Holy Rosary has four house teams. Each house team has a colour and is named after a significant period in the history of Holy Rosary School. All students are assigned to a House Team. Siblings are in the same team.
McAuley (Red) named after Catherine McAuley who founded the Mercy Sisters in 1831. The Mercy Sisters came to Melbourne, led by Mother Ursula Frayne in 1857. They opened Holy Rosary School in 1915.
MacKillop (Blue) reminds us of Mary MacKillop, the sister who is famous for her words, “Never see a need without doing something about it.” She provided education for the poorest and most remote children in Australia. She’s Australia’s first saint.
Sion (Green) named after The Sisters of our Lady of Sion who arrived in Australia from France in 1890. They were also caretakers of Holy Rosary School.
Hennessy (Yellow) in honour of Holy Rosary’s first Parish Priest, He lived at St Brendan’s in Flemington and used to ride his bike to Kensington to say Mass.